Are you looking for a free, digital tool to engage students in collaborative activities? Padlet is a free tool that works like a digital bulletin board. It is very accessible to anyone with internet because an account is not required to use Padlet.
To get started simply go to padlet.com and click on the button that says "create something - its free and only takes 2 seconds." This provides you with a space to post text, images, files and links for free for 24 hours (your content is deleted after 24 hours.) If you would like to save your content and control its privacy settings you can create a free account.
Padlet is an excellent tool for the classroom because it is very versatile and easy to use. Here are a few examples of how Padlet can be used in the classroom:
- Post extra resources about a particular topic for students to use for reference
- Have students post research to share with the class
- Post vocabulary resources for the class
- Post a question for students to respond to for reflection and/or discussion
- Post examples of student work
- Have teams of students use a Padlet wall to collaborate and share research findings
- Collaborate with colleagues on classroom ideas and resources
These are just a few examples of how it can be used. For an example of a Padlet wall and for some quick tips for getting started click this link: Padlet Tutorial. Their website has some excellent resources as well.
Check it out and share ideas in the comments section below!