Like Angel, you can send email to other people in your course within Blackboard. One difference is that Blackboard does NOT keep copies of your email. Blackboard keeps no record of sent or received email. When you receive or send an email, the email appears in the Inbox of your external email program (such as Outlook). Keep a copy of important messages in case you need them at a later date.
To send an email within in a course, go to the course menu, click the Tools link. On the Tools page, select Send Email. You have several options to send email to people in a course:
• All Users: Sends email to all users in the course.
• All Groups: Sends email to all of the groups in a specified course.
• All Student Users: Sends an email to all students in the course.
• Single/Select Users: Sends email to select users.
• Single/Select Groups: Sends email to select groups.
For Single/Select Users or Single/Select Groups, select the recipients in the Available to Select box and click the right-pointing arrow to move them into the Selected box.
• Type your Subject. Your message will not be delivered without a subject.
• Type a Message.
• Optionally, select the Return Receipt box to send a copy of the message to the sender.
• Click Submit.
Note: Recipients of each email will not see the email addresses of other recipients.
To get an overview of Email in Blackboard, watch this video.