Because these new monitors have multi-touch interactivity, you can use standard finger motions in applications that support these capabilities. For example, instead of using a mouse, you can “click” by touching the monitor with your finger, or you can “drag” your finger along the monitor. Additionally, some applications support finger pinching to enlarge or reduce magnification.
In PowerPoint, you can annotate your slides (e.g., circle or highlight) using your finger:
- Hold your finger on the multi-touch monitor for a few seconds, until a large circle appears around it. (This action is similar to right-clicking with a mouse.)
- Remove your finger from the monitor, and a short-cut menu will appear.
- Touch/select the Pointer Options submenu.
- Touch/choose Pen, Highlighter, Ink Color, Eraser, etc.
- Draw on the slide by dragging your finger on the monitor.
- When you close the PowerPoint file, you will be prompted to save or discard your ink annotations.
Additionally, you can display your PowerPoint slides in HD (16:9) format instead of their standard VGA (4:3) format. By default, PowerPoint slides are 4:3, and your existing PowerPoint slides will display correctly on our new monitors. However, you can convert existing slide decks to 16:9, or create new slide decks in 16:9:
- Click the Design tab.
- Click the Page Setup icon.
- Select “On-screen Show (16:9)” in the Slides Sized For dropdown list.
- Click OK.
- After conversion, you may need to re-size and re-position text and graphics for optimal viewing.
We made other improvements this summer, including new document cameras. To learn more, you may want to attend one of our classroom orientation and training sessions, where you'll learn all about our auditoriums and classrooms, and how to operate the technology in these rooms. No RSVP is needed. Just attend whichever session best fits your schedule. If you're unable to make one of these sessions, please give us a call at 913-588-7326 to arrange a one-on-one session:
- Thursday, August 20th 2-3pm in B018 SoN
- Friday, August 21st 9-10am in 1023 Orr-Major
- Tuesday, August 25th 8-9am in 1050 SoN
- Wednesday, August 26th 11-12pm in B018 SoN