Back to sharing. If you looked at your file size of your saved voice-over PowerPoint, it probably is pretty big. Adding multimedia and voice-overs to your PowerPoint presentation dramatically increases your file sizes, usually to a size too big to email. So, to make it easier for your audience to view your presentation, we will convert it to a video and host it on a video web server such as YouTube. Then, you can just send a link to the video, and your audience can easily view the presentation on about any device.
Steps to Share your Voice-over PowerPoint File
- First, make sure you have saved your voice-over PowerPoint as a video (if you have not figured this our, here is a how to save a PowerPoint file as a video to your computer). Note: This process can take some time to render depending on the size of your presentation.
- Next, you will need to have a YouTube account (same as a Google account) in order to upload your video. If you do not, click here to set up your account.
- Now it is time to upload your video file. Follow these instructions on how to upload a video file to YouTube.
- Depending on the content of your video, you may want to adjust your video privacy settings. Follow these instructions to change your video privacy settings.
- Finally, you will want to share the video with your audience. Follow these instructions to share your YouTube video. For the purpose of this course, you will want to copy the link to submit as your assignment.